As we can accept your booking and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 0161 505 1959.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the booking of courses by you (the Customer or you). We are Ambutech Pre-Hospital Care Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 11880390 whose registered office is at Grafix House, 6 Boundary Road, Swinton, Manchester, M27 4EQ with email address [email protected]; telephone number 0161 505 1959; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all courses to you. Before making a booking on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your booking. You can only book courses from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are outside their trade, business, craft or profession, identified by selecting ‘personal’ as the purpose when booking;
- Learner means an individual identified as attending a course in the Booking;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Booking;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Booking;
- Booking means the Customer’s booking for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Booking;
- Website means our website https://ambutech.co.uk on which the Services are advertised.
- The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only.
- All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- You must cooperate with us in all matters relating to the Services and provide us with all information required to perform the Services.
- You accept responsibility for these costs associated with any damaged, defaced, lost or stolen training materials, caused by the Learner, where the Learner refuses to pay.
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect.
- We may contact you by telephone, e-mail or other electronic communication and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services and any Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services or Goods. When a booking has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The booking process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the booking. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the booking process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the Services booked only when you receive an email from us confirming the booking (Booking Confirmation). You must ensure that the Booking Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the booking made by you. By making a booking you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Booking Confirmation). You will receive the Booking Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract, and before performance begins of any of the Services.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 14 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
Fees and Payment
- The fees (Fees) for the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date we accept the booking or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Fees and charges displayed on the website are exclusive of VAT. VAT will be added at the rate applicable at the time of the booking.
- You must pay in advance of your booking being confirmed, this will be by debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Bookings made using a purchase order number will only be confirmed for pre-authorised business customers.
- ELCAS bookings will only be confirmed where an appropriate CAN number has been provided.
- We will deliver the Services, including any Goods, on the date(s) specified on the booking.
- If for any reason We are unable to deliver the Service on the date(s) specified on the booking, alternative date(s) will be offered.
- Where alternative date(s) are not suitable, you will be offered a full refund.
- If you accept any alternative date(s) these Terms and Conditions will apply immediately to the alternative date(s).
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
- Joining Instructions is a document that provides information about a course and the Company, including times, course outline, pre-requisites, agenda and directions.
- Joining Instructions will be sent to the learner, by email, within 7 days of the Booking.
- Learners must ensure they meet the requirements of the course as outlined on the Website and in the Joining Instructions.
- It is the responsibility of the Learner to raise any issues and/or concerns at the earliest opportunity.
- We will not accept any responsibility where a Learner does not meet the course requirements and the below cancellation fees will apply.
- Where a learner does not meet the criteria of the course and is referred, any additional training costs will be the responsibility of the Learner.
- Learners must bring one form of photographic identification with them on the first day of the course.
- Learners must arrive promptly for training at the times requested to ensure guided learning hours are met.
- Where a course programme takes place over multiple days, Learners must attend all the training days to be certified.
- If a Learner is unable to attend planned training, they must complete the course within the registration period set out by the awarding organisation.
- Learners are responsible for all training materials used by and/or loaned to them. Where these materials are damaged, defaced, lost or stolen, We will seek to recover the cost of replacements from the Learner. The Customer accepts responsibility for these costs where the Learner refuses to pay.
- Learners who engage in any misconduct or inappropriate behaviour will be excluded from the course with no offer of further training and no refund.
- The consumption of alcohol will not be permitted on any course, Learners who are suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be excluded from the course with no offer of further training and no refund.
- We aim to issue certificates within 1 working day of completion of the course.
- Certification may be subject to the quality assurance process and can take up to 21 days from completion of the course.
- Digital certificates are issued by email, to the email address provided for the Learner on the Booking.
- Printed certificates are issued to the billing address.
- Where a course has been booked on behalf of an organisation, the Customer will also receive a copy of the Learner certificates.
- Should a Learner wish to transfer to a different course, a request must be made no later than 28 days prior to the start of the Booking.
- All transfers are subject to availability on the requested course.
- All transfers are subject to a £25 administration fee.
Withdrawal and Cancellation
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- Distance Contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- Sales Contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
- You can withdraw the booking by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- Cancellation Fees applicable once the Contract is made:
- Cancellation less than 28 days prior to the commencement of the course will incur a fee of 25% of the total course cost.
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to the commencement of the course will incur a fee of 50% of the total course cost.
- Cancellation 7 days or less prior to the commencement of the course will incur a fee of 100% of the total course cost.
- All cancellations and/or amendments are subject to a £25 administration fee.
- This is a distance contract (Distance Contract) which has the consumer cancellation rights (Consumer Cancellation Rights) set out below.
Consumer Cancellation Rights
- Consumers can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision by email to [email protected].
Commencement of Services in the Consumer Cancellation Period
- If you make a booking for which the start date is within the consumer cancellation period, it is considered that you have made an express request for the service.
Effects of Cancellation in the Consumer Cancellation Period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Payment for Services Commenced During the Consumer Cancellation Period
- Where a service is supplied (being part of the Service) before the end of the consumer cancellation period in response to your express request to do so, you must pay an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it is supplied, ending with the time when we are informed of your decision to cancel the Contract. This amount is in proportion to what has been supplied in comparison with the full coverage of the Contract. This amount is to be calculated on the basis of the total price agreed in the Contract. You will bear no cost for supply of that service, in full or in part, in this consumer cancellation period if that service is not supplied in response to such a request.
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied or to be supplied (ie it is a contract for the supply of services only), we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at Grafix House, 6 Boundary Road, Swinton, Manchester, M27 4EQ without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
Duration, termination and suspension
- The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Services.
- Either you or we may terminate the Contract or suspend the Services at any time by a written notice of termination or suspension to the other if that other:
- commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach of the Contract and the breach either cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation.
- On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any subcontractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for:
- any fraudulent act or omission; or
- death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations.
- Subject to this, we are not liable for:
- loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made; or
- loss (eg loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 7 days.